Celltech Group is the leading supplier of industrial batteries and battery systems in the Nordic countries. Since 1984, Celltech has designed and manufactured customized batteries and battery systems for demanding clients in various industries. Our constantly growing team of more than 150 battery professionals, consist of local sales offices in the Nordic countries, UK and China with engineering and production sites in Finland, Sweden and China.
We are now taking the next steps in expanding operations within the industrial vehicle segment and are establishing an Engineering & Development Center (EDC) to our new battery systems factory at Tampere, Finland. The EDC will focus on developing battery systems to industrial vehicles supporting our global clients in their electrification and sustainability strategies.
To strengthen our team, we are now looking for a mechanical engineer to develop and engineer vehicle battery systems. In this role you will be working as a member of our E&D team providing mechanical engineering for development projects as well as customer projects. In this position you must competence in sheet metal solutions and master the manufacturability and the laws of structural durability.
To be successful in this role you should be/have
- Able to produce mechanical system solutions from pack requirements offering the best technical solutions.
- Capable of providing build support during new product introduction to ensure that the process can meet the design and the assembly instructions are according to demand.
- Familiar with Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Comfortable with supplier management during the pack architecture development and during pack builds.
- Capable of failure analysis, root cause analysis, corrective action, and communication to the cross functional teams on possible issues.
- Support the sourcing team on cost analysis, supplier audits and market analysis.
You work in a position at the Tampere office as part of a growing EDC team. In addition to mechanical design, your job description can be modified according to your own interests and skills, be it within a certain technology or as a team lead. We consider it an absolute advantage if you have experience or interest in, for example, laser welding, programming, simulation or temperature control solutions.
- You have experience in using and implementing integrated CAE solutions in multi-physics environments, centered on product design and development
- Specific experience in large scale metal structures or vehicle structures
Skills and experience appreciated:
- Knowledge of Lithium-based battery technologies
- Electrical safety certification SFS6002
- Experience with battery protection and safety standards.
- Experience with PCB/flex design.
- Knowledge of safety standards related to industrial vehicles
- Possibility to create something new in the field of industrial electrification
- Supportive, relaxed and flexible working environment in addition to great colleagues
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy but with a financially strong owner
- Maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- An equal opportunity to all qualified applicants
Please apply by sending a short application and CV with your salary request to email@example.com. Use the position title “Mechanical Engineer” as the email header. Apply now, as we will fill the position as soon as we find a suitable person for the position.