Celltech Group is the leading supplier of industrial batteries and battery systems in the Nordic countries. Since 1984, Celltech has designed and manufactured customized batteries and battery systems for demanding clients in various industries. Our constantly growing team of more than 150 battery professionals, consist of local sales offices in the Nordic countries, UK and China with engineering and production sites in Finland, Sweden and China.
We are now taking the next steps in expanding operations within the industrial vehicle segment and are establishing an Engineering & Development Center (EDC) to our new battery systems factory at Tampere, Finland. The EDC will focus on developing battery systems to industrial vehicles supporting our global clients in their electrification and sustainability strategies.
To strengthen our team, we are now looking for a Sourcing Engineer who will be managing Celltech suppliers whilst exploring, initiating, developing, and validating opportunities within quality improvements and cost savings and other sourcing related opportunities. The individual in this role will act as the commercial interface towards suppliers in co-operation with the Celltech E&D team to determine new and alternate sources, as well as manage the existing suppliers. Main tasks in the role will include
- Involvement in the supplier selection process and managing the existing supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery, and technology.
- Review supplier’s processes and identify improvement opportunities in processes and systems at supplier locations to improve quality, cost, and flow of supplied materials throughout the entire supply chain.
- Co-operation with Celltech E&D to ensure the integrity and clarity of documentation requirements and that all expectations are communicated effectively to supporting suppliers.
- Conduct supplier system and process audits in compliance with supplier performance and monitoring goals and objectives.
- Participate in the contract negotiations between Celltech and the suppliers to find a fitting, mutually beneficial way forward to ensure our Customer solutions are cost efficient, as well as technically on a high level.
- Knowledge of quality techniques and implementation
- Lean manufacturing and continual process improvement experience
- Good interpersonal, project management and presentation skills with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner
- Highly organised self-starter
- Strong analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems and use good judgment
- Technical detail-oriented
- Knowledge of ISO and other recognised international quality system standards
- Fluent written and spoken skills in English are required.
Skills and experience appreciated:
- Electrical safety certification SFS6002
- Scientific method or root cause analysis and statistical analysis
- Defining and executing design validation activities (testing, metrology, statistical analysis)
- Providing support for production in design-to-production stage
- Familiarity with Lithium-based battery technologies
- Experience in manufacturing, mechanical or electrical engineering or thermal management solutions.
- Fluency in different languages
- Possibility to create something new in the field of industrial electrification
- Supportive, relaxed and flexible working environment in addition to great colleagues
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy but with a financially strong owner
- Maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- An equal opportunity to all qualified applicants
Please apply by sending a short application and CV with your salary request to email@example.com. Use the position title “Sourcing Engineer” as the email header. Apply now, as we will fill the position as soon as we find a suitable person for the position.