Celltech Group is the leading supplier of industrial batteries and battery systems in the Nordic countries. Since 1984, Celltech has designed and manufactured customized batteries and battery systems for demanding clients in various industries. Our constantly growing team of more than 150 battery professionals, consist of local sales offices in the Nordic countries, UK and China with engineering and production sites in Finland, Sweden and China.
We are now taking the next steps in expanding operations within the industrial vehicle segment and are establishing an Engineering & Development Center (EDC) to our new battery systems factory at Tampere, Finland. The EDC will focus on developing battery systems to industrial vehicles supporting our global clients in their electrification and sustainability strategies.
To strengthen our team we are now looking for a Senior SW Engineer to take on our E&D control system operations as Lead Engineer in SW development for industrial vehicle battery systems. You will be part of the entire development process from concept development, prototyping, testing, and completing the solution into production. We are looking for candidates who are self-starters, willing to make decisions to ensure progress, and are passionate about helping design and deliver innovative solutions. In this position you must have high level competence in broad range of fieldbus solutions and machine control systems as well as have the capability to create solution suggestions and ideas to lead the system SW integration throughout the E&D team
To be successful in this role you should be/have
- Experience in vehicle/machine control systems and development processes involved.
- Solid understanding of network and machinery communication protocols, including CAN, isoSPI, SAE J1939 and Ethernet.
- Adequate knowledge of development environments such as Codesys etc.
- Proficient in programming languages such as C++ or Python
- Ability to relate to a multidiscipline development team and operate with minimal oversite
- Understanding of complicated electrical systems needed to support vehicle control development.
- Fluent written and spoken skills in English
You work in a position at the Tampere office as part of a growing EDC team. In addition to testing and integration, your job description can be modified according to your own interests and skills, be it within a certain technology or as a team lead.
Skills and experience appreciated:
- Electrical safety certification SFS6002
- Scientific method or root cause analysis and statistical analysis
- Defining and executing design validation activities (testing, metrology, statistical analysis)
- Providing support for production in design-to-production stage
- Familiarity with Lithium-based battery technologies
- Simulations, electronics, mechanical or electrical engineering or thermal management solutions.
- Possibility to create something new in the field of industrial electrification
- Supportive, relaxed, and flexible working environment in addition to great colleagues
- A start-up culture with minimal bureaucracy but with a financially strong owner
- Maximum opportunity for you to take charge of your work
- An equal opportunity to all qualified applicants
Please apply by sending a short application and CV with your salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the position title “Sr. Software and Integration Engineer” as the email header. Apply now, as we will fill the position as soon as we find a suitable person for the position.